Well it started Monday with a trip to cleveland for Preston's mapping on his cochlear implant. He did great with the car trip both ways he usually does. He love to go by the big trucks on the road. Before we are passed by one he is stretching his neck in his car seat looking for another one. Mommy even got him to pull his arm down wanting the trucks to beep. He got it on his first try. We did another booth test and he passed once again. It is hard to believe that he was hearing at about 90-100 decimals before he got his implant. And now with his implant on he is hearing at about 25-30 decimals that is almost normal hearing. He will always be considered a deaf person cause the only time that he can hear is when his implant is turned on. He has been keeping me pretty busy this week. I can't believe what all he has been doing every day is something new. At this rate he might be walking before next week. Ok maybe not but it seems like in no time at all he will be crawling. He is a little boy and is curious about everything so I know when he gets to moving more we are in trouble. He is not scared of the kitchen anymore so he likes to play in there by himself. Yesterday he found out he can get up on our little stoop and lay on it then roll off of it he thought that was pretty funny. Not sure why since it is about half foot drop. The last couple of days he has also been getting up on all fours more but then pushes himself back to where he is sitting. i even noticed yesterday that he is starting to test himself. It is so cute he will be sitting there and then let go with one hand and try to push him self back further. He is trying to figure out how sit without using his hands. He is amazing me everyday. We also got his stander this week which we have been waiting on for months. I was so excited. I like it and so does he for the most part. It is kind of hard to put him in by myself. Last night Scott and I put him in it and pushed him around the kitchen in it he thought that was funny. Maddie is her usual self and into everything. But she is so cute when she does it and gets busted she gives us this goofy look and we try not to laugh at her but sometimes it is hard. It has been a crazy day today they both have coughs and won't take a nap. Daddy is in for a fun night tonight. Mommy will be at work dealing with all the people who are mad because they can not find graduation stuff that they need. I also caught Preston trying to pull himself up in his crib this afternoon. He was on his knees and his hands were on the side of the crib so he was tall kneeling. So I decided to lower his crib mattress before he gets hurt. Also had to screw some of the screws back in. Since he likes to kick the crap out of his crib. I will post pictures soon.
1 comment:
Way to go Preston.
I love you granny
Post a Comment