Wednesday, May 28, 2008

More good news about Preston

Ok it must be Preston week or at least mommy thinks it is bragging week about Preston. I don't even know who all reads this blog but not sure if I care. It lets me express whatever I am feeling if that is good or bad. it gives me somewhere to gather my thoughts and i really need that at times. Well Preston had an appt today in Akron with his cerebral palsy doctor. She was very pleased with him. No more botox in his legs for now which is great just increasing his baclofen which is a muscle relaxer but it seems to be doing the trick. She was pleased with the pictures I showed her of him sitting and stuff cause I knew he wouldn't do it there. But he did show her that he could army crawl which is pretty good. He also stood for her with me help. He does have to get new leg braces which he really have to start making him wear them when he gets his new ones. They help him stretch out his ankels and hopefully keep his toes from curling so much. I am happy with the progress he has made and happy that she thought he was doing great also. When you are so used to going to these appts and all of them being something bad or at least most of them. It is a great relief when he go and have a good appt. He now has to be seen my an orthopedic doctor for his hips. Children with cerebral palsy exspecially his kind and that are not weight bearing have a high change of hip damage which might require surgery in the future. It might not also which is what we are hopeing for of course. So they will start seeing him at the end of the month and will start taking x-rays of his hips every so often to keep an eye on them. We still haven't got his stander in yet which is ticking me off big time. I am suppose to be doing all this stuff to help my son and I can not get the stuff to help him. Anyway that could be a whole different post in it self. We have the 2 year NICU follow up at the end of june which has me a little worried. Madison might have cerebral palsy also but a mild case of it. I don't know how I can have three kids and all of them have some form of cerebral palsy. It does not seem possible or right in so many ways. If she does have it is not affecting her alot but she is having some trouble with small things. I know my trio were born very early and that has caused the issues we have. But it dosen't seem fair in alot of ways. Oh well I am thankful for what I have and everyday I had with Hayden. We miss him so much and it isn't getting eaiser with out him.

No comments: