Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Getting more up to date

OK so I am going to try to get this the blog that brings us up to date with what is going on in our life's. The past several months I think I am still in a fog from losing Hayden. It doesn't seem possible at that he has been gone 11 months. Of course it doesn't seem possible either that my babies are 2. I have learned to try and deal with the things as they come. Of course that is easier said then done. Preston has been diagnosed with spastic cerebral palsy in his legs. He also has weak trunk control. He also has severe to profound hearing loss in both ears. Or I should say he did. On April 7th of 2008 he had a cochlear implant put in. When the implant is turned on he should be able to hear at about what we hear at which is about 20 to 30 decimals. This implant is basically another ear for him. His cochleas did not develop right when i was pregnant with the trio. Hayden also suffered hearing loss not sure how severe or what type since he passed away before we could get testing done. Out of the three kids i have had both of my boys were hard of hearing so their is a good chance if we have more they could have the same issues. I always thought the boy's hearing loss was because they were born so early but that doesn't look like the case anymore. Madison can hear fine her hearing is good she just doesn't listen. Preston is army crawling all over the place right now but that is about it. He can't crawl yet or walk, or sit for long periods of time. But I know over time he will be able to. He has really came along way and is very smart. If it wasn't for his cp and his hearing loss he would be right about age 2 in learning. I am very proud of him he shows us something new everyday and is a very happy child. He has the sweetest smile that can just melt your heart. Some big blue eyes I better start warning little girls now cause he is going to break alot of hearts when he is older. I think even with his issues he is going to be a ladies man. Maddie is pretty much caught up with other 2 year olds. Her speech is a little behind and she has some balancing issues but nothing major. She might also have mild cp but we are not sure yet. She is rotten to the core. She is into everything but she can be the sweetest thing ever. She likes to baby Preston and be his other mommy. If he starts crying she goes gets him a lovey or something to help him calm down. She used to even at a very young age she would she us trying to calm one of the boys by rubbing their back or something and she would do the same thing. She amazes us everyday with the stuff she does or even the stuff she trys to say. She is a wild one and if she is tired she is even worse. Here are some pictures of the kids.





1 comment:

MCAA said...

Welcome to blog land, Jackie and the Sheridans! What a wonderful story you have told so far. We are so proud to know you and your kids! Blogging really is a kind of therapy for some, and I can see that you really pour your heart and soul into it. What an amazing story you have to share. Gabe, Maddie, Preston, and Hayden have one awesome mommy. We can't wait to read more. How fun it will be to watch all our children grow up together, always remembering how tiny and fragile they were at birth. We love you! The Meshews