Saturday, April 19, 2008

March of Dimes Walk

Wow what a great day today was. We had our local March of dimes walk. It went great I had about 20 people show up for my team which is even better. It is really great to see so many people come together for my kids and raise money for such a great reason. Our team this year raised at least 1600.00 dollars I still have some money coming in so will have the offical account soon hopefully. March of dimes helps do reserch on prematurity babies. They help find causes on why some people have premature babies. My main reason of course of having my triplets born so early was because they were triplets. No it dosen't mean I should of had them so early and alot of people go alot longer then I did. One day we are hopeing to give every baby a healthy nine months.
This week in Central Ohio
238 babies were born
33 babies were born preterm
23 babies were born low birthweight
2 babies did not survive to celebrate their first birthday


In 2005 there were 19,321 preterm birhds in Ohio- some babies are born so small they they have to fight for each breath, and some are born so soon that the best medical care cannot save them.

To me these are some pretty scary facts and I have been on both sides. When I first got admitted to the hospital with preterm labor the told me over and over again if the babies were born before 24 weeks I would have to watch my babies die. Then they were born at 24 weeks and 6 days and then I had to watch these tiny babies fight for every breath for weeks. Thank you to my team for such a wonderful day and outcome. I will post a few pictures now and hopefully will have more to come.

Daddy helping Preston walk across the finish line. Preston wanted to walk so bad and he got his chance thaks to daddy helping.




Maddie walking part of the trail and helping push the stroller. She walked at least half a mile to a mile on and off

1 comment:

wanda said...

Way to go Preston. I am so proud of both of you.
Love Maw Maw