Wednesday, April 16, 2008

May 15, 2007

Everything was going good at the start of 2007. Their first birthday came and everything was great. Then Hayden got put in the hospital a couple nights cause we thought he was having seizures. It turned out not to be as far as we know. We did a follow up appt. a couple weeks later with the neurologist and she told us she didn't have a crystal ball about his future. She told us to take in one day at a time. Which we have learned. On May 15 our world changed forever. The morning went fine did the same routine as always the kids had therapy in home. Everything was going good all the kids seemed fine. After therapy left I fed the kids their bottles and then they all went down for a nap. They always go to nap at the same time it gives me a chance to unwind. I checked on them several times that day like usual. They all took a really nap that day or so I thought. Preston woke up right when my husband got home and I went to get him out of his crib. His crib is the farthest from the door. As I was walking out of the triplets room I noticed Hayden laying funny in his crib. He had to sleep on his stomach because he was the most comfortable that way. I already noticed that he had turned around in his crib but he did that sometimes. As I was walking out of the room I noticed Hayden's face was down in the mattress. Sometimes he did do that when he was stretching. So I shook his shoulder that way he would move his head. Well when I did that nothing happened. I wasn't to worried about thought he was in a deep sleep. So I shook him a little harder and still nothing. I also noticed that he was cold but the fan was on in their room and he was in a onesize so didn't think much of it. After he didn't move the second time I layed Preston down in Hayden's crib and flipped Hayden over. It was the worst thing ever. MY child was gone. He had passed away during his sleep. I did not know that at the time. I screamed for my husband to call 911 and ran out of their room with Hayden and laid him on the floor were my husband started doing CPR. The ambulance is right down the street from us and when they got here they just scooped him up and took off. They would not let me go with them so our neighbor took us to the hospital while my landlords watched my other two kids. We get to the hospital and they wouldn't let us back at first. At this time I still did not realize he was gone I guess I was hopeing that I caught it in time and that he was going to be ok. The doctor talked to us about Hayden's past history and I gave it to them real fast and told them i wanted to be with my son. They finally let us go be with him and they were still working on him. They were doing CPR on him still so I just rubbed his foot and kept talking to him telling him everything was going to be fine that he has been through so much he could get through this also. Well then I saw the doctor wave his hand telling the nurse to stop CPR. I screamed at them no don't stop he is my baby and they are like we can do this all night and it wouldn't change anything. I am like I don't care that is my son don't stop. They wouldn't listen and then wrapped my baby boy in a blanket and handed him to me. Just like that my life was shattered. He was 14 months old when he passed away and our life's are not the same. Hayden was a amazing little boy. Even knows he had a rough time doing stuff he would still try. He had a temper on him and kept us all in line. His nicknames were boo boo, and tank. He got the name tank from his daddy cause he could put away the food, he got the nick name boo boo from me and I am the only one that calls him that. I called him that because I use to tease him and tell him mommy was just trying for a little girl and got two boys also. So Preston is boo and Hayden is boo boo since he was the youngest. The autopsy came back undetermined natural causes. i am not sure how a 14 month old child dies of natural causes but who knows. His doctors and I think that he either had a one time seizure, or he had a muscle spasm in his throat and it closed off. Which by the time I found him it would of be opened back up since he was gone. He was laid to rest on May 19, 2007. We had probably a 100 people at the burial and the night before we probably had over 200 people come to his calling hours. It was great seeing so many people care about him and our family. He is missed everyday we go visit him everyday and that is one of the hardest things ever. I hate cemetery's but to visit Hayden in a way that is where i have to go. plus I have to make sure his marker is clean and that everything else is ok. Here are a few pictures of my angel.

Hayden being held by daddy in the NICU



Hayden dreaming about how to break out of the NICU



Hayden on his first birthday
















Hayden after his first cupcake

1 comment:

wanda said...

MY BEAUITFUL GRANDSON. GRANDMA SURE MISSES YOU. SEE YOU AGAIN SOON.