When I think I could not love this little guy any more. He does something else that makes me fall in love with him all over again. He is really a blessing to have in our life's and how I wish i could see what he thinks sometimes. He is an amazing little boy and many people would agree with me. Even knows he has special needs it doesn't stop him and it makes us all stronger. I have learned my job as being his mom is helping him do what he is able to and keep pushing him. We have pushed him the last couple of weeks to really wear his cochlear implants. He is doing really good with that now even knows we have to tape the coils on his head. But whatever it takes to help keep them on. He has been jabbering alot the last couple of weeks. Just alot of different sounds and nothing we could really understand. We took the kids to the fair yesterday and while we were in the sheep barn Preston said baa several times after the sheep did. You know you are a parent of a deaf child that is 3 1/2 years old and you get all excited and almost cry in the middle of the sheep barn because your son reacted to the sound and was repeating it. My husband and I just stared at each other in aww. He has been saying mom for a long time and bye at times. But today he actually put the two words together. We were leaving my moms house and he was wanting me to pick him up. So he said bye bye mom mom. I about cried and as I write this I am tearing up. It is so awesome to hear him start saying things and I can't wait until he can do more. He is also pretty much crawling on all fours probably 75 percent of the time. He has a gait trainer ordered so please pray that we get that very soon. I can't wait to see him in and be able to walk somewhat. I know once he gets the hang of it he will be all over. Keep up the good work boo. The babies start preschool in a little under two weeks. Mommy is scared to death but I know they will both benefit from it big time. Oh by the way Madison is potty broke. She wears a pull up at night and that is it.
1 comment:
Preschool just around the corner .. can you believe it? I just can't even begin to fathom where this time has gone. Way to go Preston on the talking and way to go Maddy on the peeing! :)
The Meshews
Post a Comment