I guess I can't call Preston and Madison babies anymore. They are officaly Preschoolers. They started school on Wednesday and loved it. The teachers said they both did really good and seemed to enjoy it and Madison is ready to go back. She was mad at me cause I picked her up from school and she wanted to ride the bus home. I did pretty good today but have had a couple of breakdowns. It is hard when your babies grow up and it seems like it happenend over night. It is a good thing that they don't need me as much but it hurts me also. It is hard to explain but I am sure most mom's understand. I was expecting them to throw major fits and neither one of them did. They didn't even care that I left them which is good cause it would of been harder on all of us. But a part of me wanted that cause that would mean they still need and want their mommy. I guess we are doing something right and my babies are turning into big kids. Today was a hard day the kids did great at school and really do enjoy it. But I have had a very hard emotional day and have been very depressed. The school the kids go to is basically for kids with special needs. That mean speech issues or wheelchair bound. I had a parent in front of me and Preston ask that her son be moved. She didn't want him by Preston. I took this very personal and probbly no need to. She had no reason to ask for her son to be moved unless she thought her son was going to hurt Preston. But when she said it she looked at Preston like he had five heads or something. I took this very personal. I had a hard time with letting the kids start school. I wanted them to stay home another year. I knew it would be good for them and they love it so I feel that it is the best thing for them. But I didn't expect this to happen with school just starting. I am hopeing to talk to her next week and ask her why she didn't want him next to Preston. I could of took it the wrong way but I really don't think I did. Here are some pictures of my big kids.
First day of School before we left the house
Madison in her seat
Preston and his one on one aide Pam
Second day of School when we were getting out at school

2 comments:
Wow, Jackie! They sure have grown up. They are beautiful kiddos. I'm sorry it was such a rough day. I hope the days get a little easier & better.
Shannon
They will always need their mom just in a different way. I love you Maddie and Preston.
Post a Comment