Tuesday we took Preston to Akron Children's Hospital to see one of his specialist. It is usually a good visit. Preston was more himself around her this time around then he has ever been. So with her watching him she gave us some not so great news. I took it really hard at the time but I am dealing with it better now. She is saying instead of Preston just having Spastic Cerebral Palsy in his legs which means his legs are tight. They are now pretty sure he has mixed cp. Which means two different types of cp. The other type they are pretty sure he has is call Athetoid cp. This form means he has a lot of uncontrolled movements in his limbs. He jerks his arms and legs around alot in movements that he is not able to control. All this means that he is going to work even harder to overcome this so he is able to walk one day. Scott is upset by it some but not as much as me. This is hard on me he is getting harder and harder for me to carry and the thought of him not being able to walk for a few more years is hard. My fear of not being able to carry him around and take care of him like I am suppose to is scary. He is my son and I want to be able to help him until the day I die. I don't want someone else in my house helping me with him and that is what I am afraid is going to happen. The rest of the week went really well and the kids had fun in school. Preston is making all sorts of new sounds none of them we really know what he means but it is a start. Last night Scott had Madison in the bath and Preston crawled over to the bathroom and I picked him up. He looked at me and then at the tub and goes My Bath, Scott and I were in shock. We got him to say it one more time but he hasn't said it since. I guess it is pretty normal for kids with cochlear implants to say some stuff but not say it again for a long time or maybe it has to do with his cp I am not sure. Sorry if anything is not spelled right. For any of you that blog please tell me where the spell check button is. They updated the blog site and now I can't find it. Thanks
1 comment:
Hang in there, Jackie. Preston has overcome so much already, he'll overcome this, too. In his mind he can do anything he wants, and having support from his great family, he will do just that. I am hoping we will get to bowl at the party later this month. There is a tournament for part of that day, but I'm hoping it will be over about the time we are looking for something else to do. Can't wait to see you guys!
The Meshews
Post a Comment